Become Familiar with Effective Water Damage Remediation in Kent
Extracting Water from a Kent Residence
Did you know that 37% of homeowners claim to have suffered losses from water damage? Each year, millions of people are affected by water-related disasters. Even small pipe leaks can quietly pour hundreds of gallons of water into the home, compromising structural materials and creating environments that host mold and other microbes.
If your Kent residence needs water damage mitigation fast, the IICRC-certified technicians at SERVPRO are available to assist you 24 hours a day. This team is dedicated to bringing homeowners thorough cleaning and restoration to help them save time and money. Technicians coordinate with property owners and insurance adjusters to ensure that every step of the cleanup process, including any necessary disposal or demolition, is done with the consent of all involved parties.
Pipe Leak in Your Home
- Stains on the ceiling. If you notice dark stains or sagging in your ceiling, the internal pipes may have seeped enough water to damage beams.
- Damaged flooring. Water can harm flooring, including buckling, staining, cracking, warping, and tiles loosening. If you feel persistent wet or soft spots in the floor when you step on it, chances are you have water damage that needs mitigation. Water can erode subflooring and eventually collapse structures without professional mitigation.
- Rusty fixtures. If your pipes are discolored, stained, dimpled, or flaking, corrosion is a likely culprit. Rusty pipes, fuse boxes, and other appliances indicate water damage in or near walls.
- Discoloration of paint or wallpaper. When exposed to water over time, paint and wallpaper start to peel, bubble, crack, and warp. Worse still, the drywall and wood behind it are absorbent and break down, meaning that if you see damage on the surface, there is likely even more behind the walls.
- Odors. If you notice a musty or mildewy smell, there is water damage nearby.
How SERVPRO Can Help
If you have a saggy, water-saturated ceiling, SERVPRO technicians have various tools available to address the issue. Technicians can evaluate the extent of damage behind surfaces with infrared cameras. After evaluating moisture levels, technicians can demolish damaged ceiling portions and remove compromised materials.
Once unsafe materials have been extracted from the affected area, drying with air movers and dehumidifiers can commence. If odors persist, technicians can implement ultra-low volume foggers to dispense water- or solvent-based deodorant solutions that eliminate odor-causing particles.
SERVPRO of Kent wants to ensure that your home looks "Like it never even happened." Call (253) 850-1500 for disaster cleanup that can start within hours of your initial contact.