Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Kent, located in Washington, is a highly reputable restoration and cleaning company known for its exceptional service and commitment to customer satisfaction. They provide comprehensive services to both residential and commercial clients, including water, fire, mold, storm damage restoration, and general cleaning. With a skilled and experienced team, SERVPRO of Kent responds promptly to emergencies, utilizing advanced equipment to efficiently restore properties. Specializing in water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, and mold remediation, they ensure thorough cleanups that meet industry standards. Their customer-centric approach is evident through open communication, quick response times, and personalized solutions. Clients appreciate the expertise and guidance provided by their knowledgeable staff throughout the restoration process. SERVPRO of Kent is the trusted choice for residents and businesses in the Kent area seeking comprehensive restoration and cleaning services.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (253) 850-1500
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.